Sunday, February 8, 2009

Immersed in Control with no power to write...


This is gonna be a short one, I'm too bothered splitting my attention between "Control" the biopic of Joy Division's frontman Ian Curtis and then blawging  to write anything cohesive.
Killer weekend. Both of my greatest mates were in town and it's always good to catch up on the dl as well as what's new in p-town. 
Ms. M was in p-town by way of Zagreb and was stopping by before catching a flight to Dubai and we were able to hit up some of our old haunts before she left. Whenever Ms. M is in town we get up to our usual antics and debauchery-i.e. vintage shops galore, cocktails & nuts (no freudian slips here!), and pure unadulterated catching up goss. We scoured Scarlet and her sister store in the 8th for some good finds, and as always there were some incredible pieces. But wtf, nothing is on sale! We're in a full blown economic crisis yet vintage seems to escape unscathed...
I should've brought my camera, but I was lazy as I am now.
I need to get myself in order, but it'll have to wait until later this week. I've got mad shit to do: Starting classes, sending out invites/finding a menu/arranging decorations/etc for a big V-day dinner that I'm throwing chez moi on Friday the 13th. Sorta hate myself for not making it a "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" themed night or something under the rubric of Friday the 13th, but I'm quite a sap at heart with a strong desire to scatter rose petals around the apartment with handsome ladies and gents.
Came across this little tidbit of a quote while looking up possible menus, it makes a great cheer

"health-to what my friends are always drinking before they fall down" * Phyllis Diller



No comments:

Post a Comment